Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cottage Cutz/Spring Chick a dee/& Video

Hello everyone today I'm sharing a Sweet Cottage Cutz Spring Chick-a-dee from The Scrapping Cottage! I've also done a video showing how I colored her and with what colors.
My card is the opposite of the Z-Fold card, when open it should fold like a Z but i wanted to do mine a little different, so it folds in :) 
I love Cottage Cutz Spring Chick-a-dee, she is sooo cute, and super fun to color. I almost was going to use the Dusting technique i love doing on these but decided to color with copics today.


Ive added some pearls to both their dresses, and to the flower by the mailbox. The LOVE is stamped from Cottage Cutz Vintage Key.

mailbox was dusted with Tim Holtz Colors-
The Post was dusted in-Tea Die
Mailbox=Spun Sugar
Letter in Mailbox=antique linen
Grass=G99,G24,YG13


Challenges:
ABC Challenge, J is for Jazz it up
Crafty Catz Weekly challenge/Favorite things(Pink, Ribbon,Flowers,Cottage Cutz)
Simply Create Too/Add Sunshine to your day( I added a sun too)
Totally PaperCrafts/Ribbon and Bows

Copic Colors I used for Spring Chick-a-dee
For Spring Chick=YR31,Y11,Y08
Cheek Color=R20
Beak and Feet=YR09,YR15
Dress & Hat=RV34,RV23
These colors were used on this Spring Chick-a-dee below. and all the chicks above, the only color i cant remember is the one on the front of the card, since that green was used on the hat a few days ago. I think for the dress on the front I listed it in the video below.


Hope you enjoy my video! 
I did forget to show how i add the cheeks in the video since it was running out of time, but I just add them with R20 and if you want to soften them use the clear blender copic. I didnt soften them in these. I also added some white gel pen to the cheeks.
All Ribbon used is PINK Satin From Really Reasonable Ribbon Found Here~Ive used it on the front lower right corner, and on the chick's hat in the picture right above my video. 

Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Cheryl


11 comments:

Bianca said...

What a cute and lovely card! I love the little hidden masageboard you have add! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww adorable card, cute image,pretty papers & embelies, lovely design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Sandra H said...

So lovely is your card and such an adorable image truly stunning!!:) Sandra H

Chrissy said...

Absolutely adorable Cheryl...love the wee chick, so cute and beautifully coloured..Love the card design and fold, gorgeous papers....beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dodici said...

Gorgeous card,lovely colours and embellies.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts!
Dodici
x

Jennifer said...

This is fantastic! So many thought out ideas and beautiful papers and paper piercing along with a great die cut! Thank you for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!

Curly said...

Oh my word,this is such and adorable creation , lovely image and beautiful design Its just perfect for our Favourite Things challenge

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Cheryl: Your card is so very pretty--love your fold, colors and your chickie image. Thanks for entering in Challenge #7 - "Add Sunsine to Your Day" at Simply Create Too. Join our next challenge too?

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitialDesigns.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little chick, I love the fold. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC this time
Hugs Julie P

Angélique said...

Lovely card, love the fold you made!
Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges this time! Hope to see you again :)

*hugs*
Angélique - DT

Cindy said...

OMG, Cheryl!! This is just adorable!! So many gorgeous details!! You always amaze me with your creativity!!!